It is the responsibility of the Nurse Practitioner to provide patient-centered, professional and compassionate health care to adult and elderly clients and to ensure quality of care standards are met in the delivery of health care services, as well as be responsible for continuous quality improvement activities at the site.
Supervisor: Medical Director
- Master of Science as a Nurse Practitioner from an accredited school of nursing
- Bilingual Spanish-English and experience working with the Latino community
- Five years of clinical experience is preferred
- Current BLS certification is preferred
- Current Maryland Nurse Practitioner License
- Ability to provide patient-centered, culturally appropriate health care
- Ability to be patient and courteous with clients in difficult situations
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Experience with use of Electronic Medical Record preferred
- Ability to collect data for quality improvement purposes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work as a member of a team
Hours of work: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Direct Patient Care
- Provide primary health care services for clients with acute and chronic illness according to evidence based standards of care.
- Deliver primary care in a micropractice environment.
- Perform nurse practitioner duties including physical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, medication prescription and dispensation, and referral.
- Provide Home Health care services for elderly and disabled patients.
- Provide superb access to assigned patient, including phone and e-mail, as well as in-person availability.
- Follow up with results of Labs, consults and tests ordered for patients.
Quality Improvement Activities
- Participate in ongoing quality assessment and performance improvement activities.
- Collect data to inform the quality improvement activities
- Maintain excellent patient experience scores
- Participate in monthly quality calls.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of clinical policies that enhance the quality of care delivered.
- Implement health education and disease prevention activities.
- Participate in community activities and site campaigns.
Performance Evaluation: To be performed at the end of the 90-day probationary period, at the completion of the first twelve months of employment and annually thereafter.
Resumes should be sent to: email@example.com Thank you.